Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Sunday

My Bishop recently remarked that Easter is the "highest holy day" for the Mormons. It is true. This is the day that we remember, honor, and celebrate all that our Savior has done for us. We celebrate his life and his sacrifice, both on Calvary and in Gethsemane. We celebrate his resurrection and the knowledge that we have that he lives. 

He does live. He cares for us deeply. He weeps with us when our hearts break. He stands by, always at the ready, to answer our cries for comfort. He loves us more than we can understand. In times of darkness or difficulty, he is the light that will bring us back home. 

At times, that guiding light may be obscured by the darkness of the world, or the weight of grief or difficulty that we carry, but it is always there, always bright, and always burning. And we can be assured that the darkness will always flee and that the light of Christ is all that will remain. There are such wonderful things in store for us.

I am grateful for hope. I am grateful for perspective. I am grateful for loving reminders that so often come just when I need them. I am grateful for the knowledge of a loving Savior. I am grateful to know that he knows me. I am so grateful to know that I can trust him. I am grateful to know that because of the atonement of Jesus Christ, Sunday WILL always come.  

As this Easter Sunday is coming to a close, I just wanted to share a little portion of one of my favorite talks from Elder Wirthlin.  


"The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Romans 8:16-18, 38-39

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment